Naming of versions
- stable : this is the production version qualified by EDF once a year for use in engineering studies. The Quality chart of Salome-Meca 2016 refers to that version. That version is currently identified as 12.6. In doubt about the version to use, that one should be preferred.
- If the stable tag refers to the version embedded in Salome-Meca, all the half-yearly releases of the production version are nevertheless available on the centralized cluster. The latest release of this version is currently 12.7.
- stable-updates : this refers to the intermediate states between two frozen production versions. They bring only bug fixes and are updated continuously. These updates are numbered as 12.7.x.
- testing : that version is a yearly frozen state of the development version which is provided within Salome-Meca 2016. That version is currently identified as 13.2.
- If the testing tag refers to the version embedded in Salome-Meca, all the half-yearly releases of the development version are nevertheless available on the centralized cluster. The latest release of this version is currently 13.3.
- unstable : this refers to the intermediate states between two frozen development versions. They bring new features, bug fixes and are updated continuously. These updates are numbered as 13.3.x.
- oldstable : this tag refers to the previous major production version which is not maintained anymore and only the last release 11.8 is available on the centralized cluster.
In summary :
|Version||Numbering||Availability||Bug fixes||New features||Update frequency||Subject to a production chart|
|13.0 à 13.3||13.x||Aster5||-||-||frozen (twice a year)||-|
|12.4 à 12.7||12.x||Aster5||-||-||frozen (twice a year)||-|
|Code_Aster stable||aster-full-src-12.7.0-1.noarch.tar.gz||12.7||14 décembre 2016||268 MB||d308f8fe476ceef7d1f49c891875b1c8|
|Code_Aster testing||aster-full-src-13.3.0-1.noarch.tar.gz||13.3||14 décembre 2016||285 MB||e61e8b1c555dabdd7a96849649fe3686|
The new versions of code_aster open-source, code_aster stable (12.7) and code_aster testing (13.3) are available for download.
The version 12.7 contains only bugfixes. Improvements have also been added in the version 13.3.
These versions are not available embedded in Salome-Meca.
The distribution format remains identical: a unique archive contains code_aster and all other additional tools in the form of source code.
Apart from code_aster you will find the latest available updates: astk 1.13.9 (Aster’s GUI for calculation management), Eficas 2016.0 (graphical editor for command files), Homard 11.7 (a mesh refining tool), the med 3.2.0 library (exchange of meshes and fields with third-party codes), metis 5.1.0 (4.0.3 for stable) (reordering tool), mumps 5.0.2 (4.10.0 for stable) (linear solver), etc.
In addition, as for the previous version, code_aster 12.7 & 13.3 incorporate an interface to MFront, a constitutive law generator developed by CEA and EDF. The packaged version is MFront 2.0.3.
The prerequisites needed for compilation are detailed on this page.
Please read the README file included in the package before the installation, then
python setup.py install --prefix=/opt/aster