It deals with the successive increments of the 11.x versions from the sources of the testing version (currently STA11.3).
The incremental updates archives are available on the HISTOR web page.
- these developments are new, that’s why it is called an unstable branch!
- sometimes a subversion cannot be used before the next corrective (see also prerequisites modifications at the bottom of this page),
- the bases (computations results) cannot be reread from one week to another because data structures regularly change.
Why keep up with weekly versions?
- to have your own developments ready to be integrated into the reference version,
- to punctually recover a routine in order to rectify an anomaly, etc.
- do not modify the installed testing version (STA11.3, keep it as a reference),
- see the README provided with the sources of the testing version to install this version as an unstable one (change the ASTER_VERSION variable and the …/bibpyt/Accas/properties.py file if necessary),
- astk contains an automatic update service for development versions.
Note: in the commands below, we suppose that your Code_Aster’s installation path is /opt/aster. Replace by yours if it’s different.
- start the automatic update :
as_run will download updates from this website according to the information contained in the configuration file (/opt/aster/etc/codeaster/asrun), then it will implement them one by one, and rebuild Code_Aster.
During this operation, astk - which includes as_run - is automatically updated.
Required manual changes
version 11.2.x :
- in 11.2.16, use of Metis (download here) as library.
You must install Metis (make install prefix=$ASTER_ROOT/public/metis-4.0.3) and add in the config.txt file:
- on the line DEFS : _HAVE_METIS
- on the line INCL : -I$ASTER_ROOT/public/metis-4.0.3/include
- on the line BIBL : -lmetis if not already there for Mumps
- in 11.2.3, use of the include jeveux.h for fortran90:
You must add in the config.txt file on the line INCLF90:
($ASTER_VERSION_DIR will be automatically replaced by as_run by $ASTER_ROOT/unstable)
- in 11.2.2:
- addition of the include jeveux.h in bibfor/include: You must add in the config.txt file on the line INCLF:
- a bug in as_run stops the construction of the code in the linking. Just delete $ASTER_ROOT/unstable/lib and re-run the construction:
rm -rf $ASTER_ROOT/unstable/lib && as_run --vers=unstable --make
version 11.1.x :
- in 11.1.17, the version of the hdf5 API changed : version 1.8.
These changes concerns the version 10.6.7 too.
Two possible cases :
- hdf5 use API 1.6 by default (if #define H5_USE_16_API_DEFAULT in H5pubconf.h file) : you must add H5_NO_DEPRECATED_SYMBOLS on the line DEFS in config.txt file.
- hdf5 use API 1.8 by default (if /* #undef H5_USE_16_API_DEFAULT */ in H5pubconf.h file) : you have to remove H5_USE_16_API on the line DEFS in config.txt file.
Then, you have to remove the compiled C files et and rebuild :
as_run --make clean bibc/hdf
version 11.0.x :
- in 11.0.5, the version of the Med library changed : version 3.0.
The last version of Med is available on the page Download/Tools. Hdf5 version 1.8 is required.
Compulsory : For Code_Aster, you must change the config.txt file to modify the path to the med library. On a line BIBL, replace for instance /opt/aster/public/med-2.3.6 by /opt/aster/public/med-3.0. You must also add the path to the header files (line INCL). For example, add -I/opt/aster/public/med-3.0/include. Similarly, change the path to hdf5 headers.
If the hdf5 library has not been configured with the option —with-default-api-version=v16, you must add this information in the config.txt file : add the definition H5_USE_16_API on the DEFS line.