Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-22 10:38:53

ppeetteerr

Automatically exporting results from non-converged problems?

Is there a way to automatically export the resulting mesh from a non-converged mesh. For example: If I have a problem where I have ten time steps and it fails to converge on step 9 is it possible to export the results from 1-8 automatically. I currently have a second comm file that reads the results of my base files and then writes the time steps out. I was wondering if there is a way to automate this.

Peter

#2 2010-03-25 12:08:46

mathieu.courtois
Administrator

Re: Automatically exporting results from non-converged problems?

old post, short answer : if you put a database as result in your profile ("base" or "bhdf" type in astk gui) the results should be saved in case of non convergence.

MC

Code_Aster release : last unstable on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits - GNU Compilers

Please do not forget to tag your first post as *SOLVED* when it is!

#3 2010-03-25 14:57:43

ppeetteerr

Thank you for your response. If I understand you correctly... I can place a base result in my astk file and then it will save the results of my analysis.  How do I write those results out to a med results file (rmed).  I've since lost the method to revive the results but if I remember correctly it was something like change the base file into a data type file and then rerun the analysis and scale back the time_step. So two questions:

1.) Is there another way to do this (or is this way even correct)? 

2.) Is there a way to automatically create a med file from the failed results without having to make changes to the astk/comm file?

#4 2010-03-25 16:00:40

Ect

What I usually do is to use python :

DEBUT(PAR_LOT='NON');

try:
    STAT_NON_LINE(....);
except:
    pass

CALC_ELEM
CALC_NO
IMPR_RESU

this way if aster chokes on STAT_NON_LINE it will anyway proceed to calc_* and impr_resu commands, and I get back what was computed so far.

Board footer