Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-14 20:33:01

ehernandezd

Stat_non_line

GREETINGS FROM COLOMBIA:

well, i m newbie in this platform;
I m trying to solve a contact problem then began for The CAELinuxTutorials /JML/caelinux5.pdf and  i found the following error:

JDC.py : ERREUR A LA VERIFICATION SYNTAXIQUE - INTERRUPTION
>> JDC.py : DEBUT RAPPORT
DEBUT CR validation : fort.1
   Etape : STAT_NON_LINE    ligne : 73    fichier : 'fort.1'
      Mot cle Facteur :INCREMENT
         !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
         ! Mots cles inconnus :SUBD_PAS_MINI,SUBD_PAS !
         !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Fin Mot cle Facteur :INCREMENT
   Fin Etape : STAT_NON_LINE
FIN CR validation :fort.1

>> JDC.py : FIN RAPPORT
EXECUTION_CODE_ASTER_EXIT_3198=1

caelinux2010<<STA10.1<<SALOME5.1.3

thanks in advance

Elkin

Attachments:
Study1.hdf, Size: 294.98 KiB, Downloads: 322

#2 2011-01-15 06:52:24

jeanpierreaubry
Guru

Re: Stat_non_line

hello
these keywords have beem drop off in 10.2 version
have a look at U4.51.03

jean pierre aubry

consider reading my book
freely available here https://framabook.org/beginning-with-code_aster/

#3 2011-01-16 21:44:37

tcdonley

Buenos dias, Elkin,

As Jean-Pierre told you, the commands given in the original tutorial will not work in newer versions of Code-Aster.

Attached is a folder with these items:

1. Updated command file which runs the tutorial in STA10.1. I tried to comment where the code has changed, but may have missed a couple things. Note that Salome-Meca does not save the .COMM file as part of the HDF. The HDF only contains a reference to the file.

2. A MED file containing the mesh, which I created from your HDF file. You had not finished your preprocessing. You still needed to create mesh groups for the edges which are referenced in the command file, also you had Press defined on the wrong edge. Note that Salome and C-A are case sensitive when it comes to naming groups and meshes.

3. An ASTK file used to run the study. Salome-Meca 5.1.3 gave a syntax error for the new automatic time-stepping command, so I had to run the study directly from ASTK. If you extract the folder into your directory /tmp and run it from there, the study should run okay.

You probably don't need auto time stepping in this study, and if you eliminate it, it will probably run from Salome-Meca. However, this might be a good chance for you to learn ASTK - it gives you more flexibility than running from Salome-Meca. You have encountered a universal problem with the tutorials. As soon as the code is updated, there will be a few commands that no longer work. Even so, the tutorials are an excellent resource. Hopefully this post will help others running in STA10.1. Note that the attached files will not run in 10.2 or 10.3 as other changes are needed, mainly in the definition of contact.

Good luck with your finite element studies!

- Tim Donley

Attachments:
jml5_sta10.1.tar, Size: 80 KiB, Downloads: 407

#4 2011-01-17 16:59:23

ehernandezd

Thanks for your help.this post was very useful

#5 2011-01-17 17:36:59

jeanpierreaubry
Guru

hello

i am happy to see you are going on

however regarding and concerning tcdonley:

tcdonley wrote:

3. An ASTK file used to run the study. Salome-Meca 5.1.3 gave a syntax error for the new automatic time-stepping command, so I had to run the study directly from ASTK. If you extract the folder into your directory /tmp and run it from there, the study should run okay.
y

i have never seen this and i ran many problems in either Saome-Meca or aster
it is very curious that Salome-Meca gives a syntax error while there would be nor error running from ASTK
are you sure both of them are running the same Aster binaries??

is this ASTK called from within a pure aster install or from within Salome Meca?

by the way Salome-Meca 5.1.3 does not exist, it is Salome-Meca 20101-1 or something like that (ie year-version), which runs a version of Salome as GUI

jean pierre aubry

consider reading my book
freely available here https://framabook.org/beginning-with-code_aster/

#6 2011-01-17 17:54:49

tcdonley

Thanks very much, Jean-Pierre for your assistance.

Yes, you're right about the Salome-Meca version - I'm sorry for any confusion. I think Elkin is running CAELinux 2010 and I'm referring to the version of Salome-Meca which is packaged with that system, and which links with STA10.1. I ran this example in my unmodified CAELinux2010 install with STA10.1

I had not encountered the syntax error before either, and did not take time to understand it.

In CAELinux2010 I ran the study from /opt/aster101/bin/astk which launches the parallel version, but I ran it using only one CPU.

If you launch ASTK from inside Salome-Meca this launches a different binary - the sequential version. I did not test the study in that version.

I have very little experience running contact studies in 10.1 - I have mostly used 10.2 and 10.3 so I'm sure there is much improvement that can be made to the command file I provided. Perhaps some little change will let it run from Salome-Meca, which is much easier and very convenient for many studies.

Best regards,

Tim D.