Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-25 16:01:10

pierre_j

[?] fortran file name of COQUE3D, SHB8, HEXA8 and HEXA20 elements?

Hi,

Willing to have a look in Code_Aster sources, please could someone tell me how are called the name of the fortran files of these elements?
COQUE_3D
SHB_8
HEXA_8
HEXA_20

Also, in which source file is managed under-integration by keyword 3D_SI?

I thank you in advance for your feedback.

Bests,

Pierre

PS: more generally, if someone has some advices on the best way to understand source organization regarding Code_Aster finite element, I would gladly accept them smile. I already had a look to documentation d5.02.02, chapter 2.2.2.

PPS: by the way, doc d0.03.01 speaks about a d3.02.01 documentation, but no d3.xx.xx are available in documentation page. Is it normal?

Last edited by pierre_j (2012-05-25 16:10:41)

#2 2012-05-26 09:06:41

Thomas DE SOZA
Guru

Re: [?] fortran file name of COQUE3D, SHB8, HEXA8 and HEXA20 elements?

Hi,

Have you had a look at the wiki ? http://www.code-aster.org/wiki/doku.php … etisation2

General practice is as folllows :

1. Open the phenomene_modelisation__.cata file

Simply use the shortcut located in $ASTER_ROOT/bin/show and type :

$ show phenomene_modelisation__

2. Find the corresponding section in this file. For 3D search for '3D'.

Note : simple quotes important.

You'll get to a part where some lines under the corresponding one are indented and contains a code behind MAILLE and another behind ELEMENT.

There's one for each supported finite element in the modelization : linear tet, quadratic hexa, linear edge, etc.
Note : lower dimensional element are included since they may contribute to the right hand side or even the matrix (following pressure for example). That's why you have to input them in AFFE_MODELE when you apply a pressure for example.

Select the code behind ELEMENT for any of the lines.

3. Look for this code using grep in the typelem :

$ grep CODE $ASTER_ROOT/NEW11/catalo/typelem/*

For a linear tet in  3D, you'll find the file : gener_me3d_3.cata

4. Open the file using show again

Look for the option you want to see the source. Let's say you want to see the elastic matrix, you'll have to look for 'RIGI_MECA'

There is one number next to the corresponding line. It gives the name of the source.

For example for 33, you 'll open the file te0033.f using show

That's it !

Tds

Last edited by Thomas DE SOZA (2012-05-26 09:07:52)

#3 2012-05-29 07:37:45

pierre_j

Hi Thomas,

Thanks you very much for your help.
I don't think I would have figured this alone smile.

Have a good day and thank you again!

Bests,

Pierre

PS: don't know if it will really be of use, but might it be relevant to open a Code_Aster development forum?

#4 2012-05-31 17:30:28

pierre_j

Just to say thank you for the opening of this forum and hope to be able to contribute to it.

Bests,

Pierre

#5 2012-06-28 17:33:41

pierre_j

Hi,

Sorry to show up again in this thread, but I have some other questions (and my other threads about SHB elements do not seem to have much success sad).

In the process of digging in the sources, and reading the D5.02.** documents as suggested by Christophe here, I have not been able to pinpoint in which documentation is described the content of type_maille__.cata.
Documentation D5.02.02 only explains the meaning of the two 1st lines of each paragraph, but not the meaning of the lines beginning with FAMILLE__.
What are their purpose?

- FAMILLE followed with NOEU seems to be related to number of nodes, with the number following being the number of nodes.
       If I am right, to what refers NOEU_S?
- FAMILLE followed with FPG* seems to be related to Gauss families with * being the number of integration points.
- FAMILLE followed with SHB* seems to be related to the integration through section, * being the total number of integration points (through sections and in element).
         - 5 integration points through thickness in SHB6 and SHB8,
         - 4x5=20 and 3x5=15 in SHB20 and SHB15 respectively.
       However, this comment fails with SHB8 and 6.
       I mean, for SHB8, it seems correctly written with SBH5, but for SHB6, for which it is written SHB6.

MAILLE__ HEXA8      8       DIM__  3   CODE__  'HE8'
   ELREFE__ HE8
[...]
         FAMILLE__ SHB5        5
[...]
MAILLE__ PENTA6     6       DIM__  3   CODE__  'PE6'
   ELREFE__ PE6
[...]
         FAMILLE__ SHB6        5
[...]

I would also like to ask 2 other questions.

- The SHBxx integration family is not listed in R3.01.01 (only FPGxx are). Please, in which documentation is it described, and in which source file the weight and location of the integration points are defined?

- Comparing gener_meshb3.cata SHB8 section to gener_me3d_3.cata HEXA8 section, I see some differences.

SHB8 wrote:

ENTETE__ ELEMENT__ MECA_SHB8        MAILLE__ HEXA8
   ELREFE__  HE8       GAUSS__  RIGI=SHB5  MASS=SHB5   FPG_LISTE__  MATER = (RIGI)
   ELREFE__  QU4       GAUSS__  RIGI=FPG4  MASS=FPG4

HEXA8 wrote:

ENTETE__ ELEMENT__ MECA_HEXA8       MAILLE__ HEXA8
   ELREFE__  HE8       GAUSS__  RIGI=FPG8  MASS=FPG8  GANO=FPG8  NOEU=NOEU  FPG_LISTE__ MATER=(RIGI MASS GANO NOEU)
   ELREFE__  QU4       GAUSS__  RIGI=FPG4  MASS=FPG4  NOEU=NOEU
   ENS_NOEUD__  EN1     =     1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

I have not been able to figure out in D5.02.04 or D5.02.05 what is the meaning of GANO, NOEU and ENS_NOEU__ keywords that are present for HEXA8, but not for SHB8.
To be completely franck, I have not been able to figure out what is the meaning as well of RIGI, and MASS, and why only RIGI is listed in MATER for SHB8, while all these options are listed in MATER for HEXA8?
Please, could you shed some light on the purpose of these keywords?

I thank you in advance for your help.
Have a good day.
Bests,

Pierre

Last edited by pierre_j (2012-06-28 17:34:21)

#6 2012-06-28 21:38:01

delmas
Administrator

pierre_j wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to show up again in this thread, but I have some other questions (and my other threads about SHB elements do not seem to have much success sad).

In the process of digging in the sources, and reading the D5.02.** documents as suggested by Christophe here, I have not been able to pinpoint in which documentation is described the content of type_maille__.cata.
Documentation D5.02.02 only explains the meaning of the two 1st lines of each paragraph, but not the meaning of the lines beginning with FAMILLE__.
What are their purpose?

To describe integration schemes.

- FAMILLE followed with NOEU seems to be related to number of nodes, with the number following being the number of nodes.
       If I am right, to what refers NOEU_S?

NOEU is an alias that refer to the integration scheme where Gauss point are located at nodes and NOEU_S for location at vertices of element.

- FAMILLE followed with FPG* seems to be related to Gauss families with * being the number of integration points.

FPG are generic Gauss point families where * represents the number of Gauss points.

- FAMILLE followed with SHB* seems to be related to the integration through section, * being the total number of integration points (through sections and in element).
         - 5 integration points through thickness in SHB6 and SHB8,
         - 4x5=20 and 3x5=15 in SHB20 and SHB15 respectively.
       However, this comment fails with SHB8 and 6.
       I mean, for SHB8, it seems correctly written with SBH5, but for SHB6, for which it is written SHB6.

MAILLE__ HEXA8      8       DIM__  3   CODE__  'HE8'
   ELREFE__ HE8
[...]
         FAMILLE__ SHB5        5
[...]
MAILLE__ PENTA6     6       DIM__  3   CODE__  'PE6'
   ELREFE__ PE6
[...]
         FAMILLE__ SHB6        5
[...]

SHB* are specific families related to SHB elements.

I would also like to ask 2 other questions.

- The SHBxx integration family is not listed in R3.01.01 (only FPGxx are). Please, in which documentation is it described, and in which source file the weight and location of the integration points are defined?

It's elraca.f

- Comparing gener_meshb3.cata SHB8 section to gener_me3d_3.cata HEXA8 section, I see some differences.

SHB8 wrote:

ENTETE__ ELEMENT__ MECA_SHB8        MAILLE__ HEXA8
   ELREFE__  HE8       GAUSS__  RIGI=SHB5  MASS=SHB5   FPG_LISTE__  MATER = (RIGI)
   ELREFE__  QU4       GAUSS__  RIGI=FPG4  MASS=FPG4

HEXA8 wrote:

ENTETE__ ELEMENT__ MECA_HEXA8       MAILLE__ HEXA8
   ELREFE__  HE8       GAUSS__  RIGI=FPG8  MASS=FPG8  GANO=FPG8  NOEU=NOEU  FPG_LISTE__ MATER=(RIGI MASS GANO NOEU)
   ELREFE__  QU4       GAUSS__  RIGI=FPG4  MASS=FPG4  NOEU=NOEU
   ENS_NOEUD__  EN1     =     1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

I have not been able to figure out in D5.02.04 or D5.02.05 what is the meaning of GANO, NOEU and ENS_NOEU__ keywords that are present for HEXA8, but not for SHB8.
To be completely franck, I have not been able to figure out what is the meaning as well of RIGI, and MASS, and why only RIGI is listed in MATER for SHB8, while all these options are listed in MATER for HEXA8?
Please, could you shed some light on the purpose of these keywords?

GANO, NOEU, NOEU_S, RIGI, MASS, MATER are aliases for specific Gauss point families.
GANO is used for gauss points to nodes extrapolation
NOEU is used for integration at nodes
NOEU_S is used for integration at nodes when all DDL are not defined on each node
RIGI is used for stifness matrix
etc...

ENS_NOEU is used to define a group of node where components are located (example DX DY DZ on each nodes and pressure on only few nodes)

Code_Aster release : unstable on (Ubuntu Precise Pangolin 12.04 64 bits) - GNU + Intel

Code_Aster. What else ?

#7 2012-06-29 07:06:20

pierre_j

Hi delmas,

Thanks for your feedback.
I cannot say I understand everything, but it is far clearer now.

delmas wrote:
pierre wrote:

It's elraca.f

I had a look at elraca.f.
I believe to understand that coordinates of integration points are given by XIN & YIN arrays.
However, what about the integration point weight?
Is it located in another file?

I thank you in advance for your help.
Have a good day;

Bests,

Pierre

#8 2012-07-27 11:29:52

pierre_j

Hi,

delmas wrote:

It's elraca.f

I believe you wanted to say elraga, right?

Bests,

Pierre