Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-14 08:23:52

P929

retaining wall and anchors

Hi,

Some of my previous questions are related to phase construction analyses. In the attached figure, I show a bit of what I'm attempting to solve right now.

It consists of a rectangular box with some excavation phases defined. The initial stresses are generated from selfweight, then the sequence is like this:

1) calculate the initial stresses by a static elastic calculation
2) excavate zone 1
4) Install a retaining wall and some anchors on the face of exc_1
5) excavate zone 2
6) Install a retaining wall and some anchors on the face of exc_2
7) excavate zone 3 ....

Only the first step is done elastic, the rest is carried out with STAT_NON_LINE.

So far I have moved forward with the sequential analysis (http://web-code-aster.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?id=20240). However, I still don't know how to deal with the wall and the anchors.

Although not 100% realistic, I'm considering the wall (COQUE_3D) to be attached to the soil surface (3D). I have seen a couple of  threads claiming that  LIAISON_MAIL might be used for that...I'll look at it, but if someone has a better idea..... smile

For the anchors (prestressed), I think it's a little more complicated, I couldn't find too much information about it. Some pages recommend using cables with prestressing, and others to simulate them with elements BAR. Either way, I'm worried about  how to simulate the bulb that is formed when the grout is applied to the anchor during installation. Anyone has an idea?

Thx and cheers,

Ferney

Last edited by P929 (2015-11-14 13:28:07)

Attachments:
CA_modeling.png, Size: 367.95 KiB, Downloads: 161

#2 2015-11-17 11:11:33

Sellin

Re: retaining wall and anchors

Hi Ferney,

First of all, I am sorry I can not actually reply to your question. However, I am also trying to solve this kind of problem (with different materials and another geometry).
I think that sequential analysis can be well simulated. However,  the difficulties come with the prestressing stages where it comes rather difficult to model it with construction stages.
I am using your message to underline these difficulties. Does someone know a solution?
Best regards,

Jean-Philippe

#3 2015-12-09 00:10:11

Thomas DE SOZA
Guru

Have you read : [U2.04.06] Comment creuser un tunnel : méthodologie d’excavation ?

Or its machine translation : [U2.04.06] How to dig a tunnel : excavation methodology ?

TdS

#4 2015-12-09 04:19:42

P929

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I've read it. Actually, it has helped me a lot with the sequential excavation, which I think I have more or less solved. The problem now is regarding the retaining wall, as I describe in http://web-code-aster.org/forum2/viewto … 549#p48549. because I have at the moment no clue how to include it.

Other point that concerns me is the anchors. In the attached figure in the first post I show more or less what is what I need: I have a slope to be excavated in 4 steps. At the end of each excavation the wall (shell) is placed together with some anchors . Those anchors are attached to the wall and to a dead body inside the slope. That 'dead body' would represent the bulb created from the grouting process of the anchoring. Later the anchor is prestressed to pull the wall against the slope and increase its strength.

Two questions should be asked:

1) Is this system posible at all?
2) how to simulate the anchor, cable or bar?
3) can the anchor be attached easily to a DKT or COQUE_3D and be 'embedded' into a 3D solid (dead body)?
4) is it possible to forget about the dead body by applying some kind of bonding to the anchor, I mean that cable or bar can have some length bonded to the surrounding solid?   

thx and cheers,

ferney

#5 2017-08-11 07:55:35

pan_widmo

Hi Ferney,

currently, I'm fighting with the same problem, how to model anchor.
Did you maybe managed to solve it??

Best regards,
Maciej

Board footer