Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-12 10:13:59

highpressuretube

Paravis Programmable Filter

Hi all!

I have searched the internet for hours but I just don't know how to get started. I just want to read the input data and put them straight into the output without any modification first.

I tried from:

inp = self.GetInputDataObject()
out = self.GetOutputDataObject()

out.CopyStructure(inp)

via:

inp = self.GetInput()
out = self.GetOutput()

out.CopyStructure(inp)

to:

inp = self.GetPointData()
out = self.GetPointData()

out.ShallowCopy(inp)

However my data is not passed on. I only see: vtkEdgeFlags and vtkCompositeIndex.

How do I access RESU___SIEQ_NOEU there? What does Aster produce anyway? vtkUnstructuredGrid?

Probably really easy I just don't find where to look :-(

Regards and thanks beforehand,
highpressuretube

#2 2016-05-12 12:23:03

mecour

Re: Paravis Programmable Filter

hello,

If I understand your question, you just want open results from aster in Paravis.

When activate the paravis module you can open aster results in med format just File-Open Paraview file and in variable toolbar you can choose the results you want to view.

mecour

#3 2016-05-12 12:31:24

highpressuretube

Hello mecour!
Unfortunately it is not as simple as that.

Fact is, I do want/need to program the filter.

However I do not suceed accessing the data. Thus I tried to program the most simple filter first, i.e. passing through the data without doing any modification. Once I have understood where the data is and how I get it out to the pipeline again, I suppose the python scripting is quite simple because I do know python. What I am not very familiar with is the vtk data structure and paraview.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway. :-)

Regards,
highpressuretube

#4 2016-05-13 07:28:44

mecour

Anyway the aster does not generate the VTK format but the MED file format (if you dont specify other in comm file). I think it is not possible to open the result file via python script.

#5 2016-05-13 08:04:38

highpressuretube

Hi mecour,

I don't want to open the med file via pyhton. It is already open. I am in the pipeline doing calculations with different filters.
Started with calculator filter, than the temporal statistics filter - all clear so far. What I do NOT manage to make work is the PROGRAMMABLE FILTER because I don't know how the input to the filter is named and accessed.

By the way the same with the pyhton calculator even though I won't manage to put my calculations in one line. How is the input to those filters accessed?

Regards,
highpressuretube

#6 2016-05-18 12:30:27

highpressuretube

Anybody who has used the programmable filter? Please, give a hint.