Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-12 16:49:32

fsarabia

Geotechnical Engineer joining the group!

Hi,
My name is Fernando, and I have about 20 years of experience working in the geotechnical field focusing on numerical modelling.  I have a bachelors degree in Civil Engineer from Peru, I studied Earthquake Engineering in Japan, and a master's and Ph.D. in geotechnical engineering in the United States (University of Illinois and Northwestern University).
I currently work as a consultant in San Diego, CA.  I learned about Code-Aster about a year ago, but I have started just recently study the materials and use the program in my consulting practice very recently.
I am excited to meet other members of the forum with similar interests.  The more I learn about the program, the more I get amazed of how such a great program does not have a strong user base in the United States.  Hopefully, that will change soon.
Greetings,
Fernando

#2 2017-03-13 12:13:13

levesque
Website

Re: Geotechnical Engineer joining the group!

Thanks for your interest.
As representative of the professional network Code_Aster Open source (ProNet), I hope to have more exchanges with you on your job, contact with other members and so one

Attachments:
ProNet UPDATE_6_2017_03.c.pdf, Size: 892.11 KiB, Downloads: 250

Jean-Raymond Lévesque
Representative of [i]Code_Aster ProNet[/i]
[email]contact@code-aster-pronet.org[/email]

#3 2017-09-08 15:38:48

jack.mazzoni

Hi Everyone,

my name is Giacomo Mazzoni and I am a geotechnical engineer from ENVIA (Italy).
I've been working extensively in the past two year with Code Aster in the field of geotechnical simulations. Current focus is on 3D slope modeling and 3D foundations (incl. piling) mainly.

My current workgroup, which is partnering with newly born SEHM2 Research Project by UNIBO, as well as with DICAM@UNIBO (Fac. of Engineering), is working on several civil projects where Code Aster is proving itself an impressive tool allowing for great design optimization.

I'd like to share some experience as well as benchmarks we have produced along the way in the field FEM modeling applied to soil/rock mechanics and keep in touch with people sharing the same fields of interest.

#4 2019-01-23 10:07:31

jlayalat

Hi,

My name is Juan and I'm a Chilean geotechnical engineer just starting my doctoral studies in Australia.

I'm looking forward to developing my skills in code_aster applied to geotechnics and used defined constitutive models.

I will really appreciate help related to these topics.

Cheers!
Juan

#5 2019-08-17 20:13:58

gian.napa

Hi,

My name is Gian, civil engineer from Peru and MSc and PhD in Geotechnical Engineering at Brazil. Currently, postdoc at Spain and consulting in Brazil.
My modelling expertise focuses mainly on FLAC3D but also use other commercial tools. Despite using open-source tools for programming, I had never used an open-source geotechnical code. I have just started a couple of weeks ago but I'm finding this code very handy and powerfull.

Finding a geotechnical community for code-aster is great!

I hope we can collaborate and please let me know of I can be of any help with any of my research topics:
#model calibration
#structural reliability
#geostatistics

I would be gratefull if you could share some geotechnical examples.

Cheers !

Board footer