Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-05 19:58:14

vkg9

Using custom body force map for 2D problem

I'm trying to solve a 2D static linear mechanical analysis program. From a separate analysis, I have a matrix with each value in the matrix representing a body force component at a specific x,y coordinate in the 2D object. So essentially I need to do two things.

1) Create a mesh such that the element size and nodes align with the previous analysis I have done.
2) Import a matrix such each node in the mesh has a assigned body force value.

I just started using Salome Meca / CodeAster and although I understand the basic procedure for static linear mechanical analysis (from online video tutorials) I can't figure out how to carry out the above tasks. If my explanation is unclear I'm happy to clarify. Thank you.

#2 2018-02-13 19:28:35

vkg9

Re: Using custom body force map for 2D problem

bump

#3 2018-02-13 20:00:33

dbpatankar

Re: Using custom body force map for 2D problem

vkg9 wrote:

I'm trying to solve a 2D static linear mechanical analysis program. From a separate analysis, I have a matrix with each value in the matrix representing a body force component at a specific x,y coordinate in the 2D object. So essentially I need to do two things.

1) Create a mesh such that the element size and nodes align with the previous analysis I have done.
2) Import a matrix such each node in the mesh has a assigned body force value.

I just started using Salome Meca / CodeAster and although I understand the basic procedure for static linear mechanical analysis (from online video tutorials) I can't figure out how to carry out the above tasks. If my explanation is unclear I'm happy to clarify. Thank you.

If you have a force field, the body force at nodes will be calculated by the FE package. Why you need to provide it manually?

To create a mesh with the same nodes and elements configuration, you need to export the earlier mesh (from previous analysis) to one of the formats recognised by CodeAster. Then simply import it in CodeAster.

Board footer