Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-12 15:01:10

lelorrain

aster_study / easy GUI / modal analysis

Hello everyone,

In it's old version of interface, there was 3 buttons for easy case fast configuration. In very few clicks, it was possible to run a beam modal analysis for example. It was really helpfull:

1) to earn time on basic cases
2) to produce results in front of deciders in live,
3) to convince people that Aster code was quickly accessible.

I cannot find those "buttons" anymore. It looks to be a low level remark, I understand, but... If I understand well, the new interface is more "standard process", but less user focus. => it looks so long to perform a basic computation, and there is no user assistance => it looks like you need a training course to use it now.

Am I wrong (the modules are hidden somewhere)? did I missed something with this new approach?  Is the intend of aster_study to be expert only? Did you planned to produce codeless process? a wizard library ?

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Lelorrain

Last edited by lelorrain (2018-02-12 15:25:15)

#2 2018-02-12 15:09:03

lelorrain

Re: aster_study / easy GUI / modal analysis

I didn't used the right words in my topic search, but a part of answer looks to be here
https : // www . code-aster . org / forum2 / viewtopic.php?id=22821

#3 2018-02-14 00:38:10

Thomas DE SOZA
Guru

Hello,

The wizards that you're looking for have indeed disappeared in Salome-Meca 2017. They were part of the Aster module in Salome-Meca <=2016 which has been removed as part of the introduction of AsterStudy, the new GUI for code_aster.

In a nutshell, porting these wizards in the first version of AsterStudy 2017 was too demanding and not high priority. Keeping the Aster module in Salome-Meca 2017 was not possible for the same reason.

In the subsequent versions of AsterStudy, we'll be progressively introducing these wizards again.

TdS

#4 2018-02-14 09:53:24

lelorrain

Thank you for your answer. I'm going to use both version for a time so. In a way, it is interesting to see that wizard are going to be injected later.

Have a good day!

Board footer