Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-18 07:51:14

francoisg

Add a server/host to Aster Study

Hi all,

Following french ANSSI  security recommendations, ssh localhost is disabled on our workstations. Only dedicated computation servers can be ssh'ed to. How do I add those servers/hosts to Aster Study GUI ? The combobox is limited to 'localhost'.

Thanks,
François.

#2 2018-10-05 08:23:17

francoisg

Re: Add a server/host to Aster Study

I found the answer, so I'll reply to my post for the record.

Machines available in AsterStudy GUI are declared in Salome, in an XML file named CatalogResources.xml located in the Salome application folder, e.g.
salome-meca/appli_V2018/CatalogResources.xml

There is no CatalogResources.xml file after installation and creation of appli_V2018 folder (bug or feature ?).  There is a minimal file located somewhere in the salome-meca distribution which contains the definition for localhost machine. You can copy and edit this file. It seems that there is a python script to build the CatalogResources.xml file but I could not execute it successfully. Anyway, the resources must be declared as follows :
<resources>
<machine name="Name to appear in AsterStudy GUI"
hostname="remote_machine_hostname"
protocol="ssh"
appliPath="/path/to/salome-meca/appli_V2018"
canLaunchBatchJobs="true" />
<modules moduleName="ASTER" />
<modules moduleName="ASTERSTUDY"/>
</machine>
</resources>

One must be able to ssh to remote machine without prompt for password. The path to salome binary stated in the XML file must be the path on the remote machine.

François.

#3 2018-11-03 13:53:43

Thomas DE SOZA
Guru

Re: Add a server/host to Aster Study

Hello,

Note that you may also edit this in the GUI using the JobManager module of salome_meca.

TdS