Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-05 01:56:49

Anirudh

MPI for Homard

Hello,
I am interested in developing parallel mesh refinement using homard tool because MACR_ADAP_MAIL only works with sequential version of CA. Could you please help me chart a course/roadmap including the key points like what text to refer, what commands to modify, how long would it take generally, etc.

Thanks
Anirudh

Last edited by Anirudh (2019-02-05 02:04:43)

#2 2019-03-04 15:22:21

Nicolas
Website

Re: MPI for Homard

Hello.
I am not sure of my understanding of your post. Whatever the choice, HOMARD will be sequential because it is a standalone code; the parallelism is only effective during the resolution of the physics. Some years ago, I had a test case mixing MPI for the resolution and HOMARD for the adaptation; everything was OK.
Could you explain your problem with more détails?
Thanks.

Gérald NICOLAS
EDF R&D
Responsable du logiciel HOMARD

#3 2019-03-05 16:55:17

Anirudh

Hi,
I read somewhere in the documentation that only sequential version of CA support Homard. I want to know if I try using Homard using parallel version(ASTK ) , will it work or will I get a fatal error?

Thanks
Anirudh

#4 2019-03-06 08:45:32

Nicolas
Website

Hello,
I would be happy to know where you found this information for my understanding. Nothing was changed in my documentation U7.03.01. I remember that the last example you can see in the HOMARD web pages was made with MPI for the calculation.
I suggest that you try to run your commands as you would do in a sequential way. Then give me more information about the détails.
If you want more help, I need to have a look on your study to be more accurate with my answer.

Gérald NICOLAS
EDF R&D
Responsable du logiciel HOMARD

Board footer