Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-31 11:01:45

Romain96!

How to display the module of a complex field ?

Hello everybody,

I am trying to visualize the Von Mises stress field on a vibrating plate (the plate is subjected to a mechanical stress of 1 g on the frequency range 10: 2000 Hz). I’m working on Salome Meca 2019.

The field resulting from the command POST_CHAMP is of complex nature (numbers with a real part ‘Re’ and an imaginary part ‘Im’). The problem is that it’s not possible to directly display the module of the field with the command IMPR_RESU (Module=√(Re^2+Im^2 )). It’s indicated in the documentation that you can only display individually real part or imaginary part. The problem is that only the module of my field have a physical meaning. I opened .rmed files with the new post-process tool of Salome Meca 2019. The way that the results are presented is good, I can see the evolution of the field at each frequencies. I’m trying now to see the module of my stress field in the same way.

To solve my problem, I had a look of some posts in Code_Aster forum. I also had a look on CREA_CHAMP documentation. The operand ‘C2R’ can give me the module of a complex field. It don’t work because my field from CALC_CHAMP and POST_CHAMP is considered as a ‘result’ and not as a ‘field’. I can’t use ‘result‘ as argument in CREA_CHAMP. Moreover, I’m not sure that this command can transform my field for every frequencies. Maybe the answer is on another way…

So, I hope some members of the community have advices for me to view the module of complex fields. .hdf file and .com file are attached.

Have a good day,

Romain.

Attachments:
Cartographie_Contraintes_Plaque.hdf, Size: 450.14 KiB, Downloads: 55

#2 2020-03-31 11:03:28

Romain96!

Re: How to display the module of a complex field ?

Here is the .com file

Attachments:
COM_file, Size: 5.51 KiB, Downloads: 57

#3 2020-07-20 09:09:55

PtK

Hello Romain,

Unfortunately, I don't know how to solve your problem but I wanted to say that I'm facing a very similar problem.
I've also tried to calculate a field from a result and have not been able to figure out how to do that. I tried to calculate the gradient of the displacement potential in a fluid, to get the actual displacement.
If anyone could point us to the right resource that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Philip

#4 2020-08-06 22:16:26

hberro

You can extract the individual fields (frequency by frequency) from your result, calculate their modulus, and then recombine in a result.

Loop over the NUME_ORDRE
/////CREA_CHAMP//EXTRACTION
/////CREA_CHAMP//C2R//MODULE
Then finally reassemble everything with CREA_RESU...