Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-13 02:23:09

todd_alan_martin

[SOLVED] How to extract internal forces?

Hi

Suppose I have a cantilever plate welded to a solid wall using LIAISON_MAIL and the plate is subjected to a uniform pressure load. How do I extract the shear force (nodal) distribution exerted on the wall by the plate?

Is the only way to output generalised axial and shear forces and bending moments for the plate using CALC_ELEM with EFGE_ELNO_DEPL

Is there a way to view the nodal forces broken down by element, so the contribution from the elements on one side of a node can be extracted?

Todd.

Last edited by todd_alan_martin (2010-12-16 03:39:06)

#2 2010-12-15 23:32:05

Thomas DE SOZA
Guru

Re: [SOLVED] How to extract internal forces?

todd_alan_martin wrote:

Is there a way to view the nodal forces broken down by element, so the contribution from the elements on one side of a node can be extracted?

When computing nodal forces using CALC_NO/FORC_NODA, one can use the GROUP_MA keyword to specify only a subpart of the structure. This way the reaction from the rest of the structure on the GROUP_MA will be computed. FORC_NODA can then be output using IMPR_RESU.
Note that nodal forces are sensitive to the refinement of the mesh and should generally be summed up to have any significant meaning.

Have a look at U2.01.05 manual for a description of the fields that can be computed on plates.

TdS

#3 2010-12-16 03:35:56

todd_alan_martin

Re: [SOLVED] How to extract internal forces?

Hi Thomas.

Excellent. I didn't realise REAC_NODA/FORC_NODA could be selectively summed like that, although now it seems obvious.
That's what I was looking for.

Todd.

Last edited by todd_alan_martin (2010-12-16 03:38:34)