Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-08 14:59:46

datsnl

Efficient v0.0.2 Wizard to generate .comm file updated

Hi,

I am please to write that Efficient has been updated to v0.0.2.

Feature update in this version

1. User can now select generic materials like Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Brass, Copper and Titanium
2. Added Step Function to Loads. User can add stepping function to the load case and Efficient will handle the generation of .comm file

For Step Function Just add the x,y pair, for example if you want to enter the following step and load

Step -> Load
2->1
3->1.5
4->9
5->0.3
6->0

Just enter 2,1,3,1.5,4,9,5,0.3,6,0 in "Load Step Pair" and Efficient will take care of it

I got so many request to make download of the software easy, so this time, you don't need to fill out the form to download the software, just right click on the GREEN button and download "Efficient_v0-0-2.jar" file.

Please keep on sending me feature request and bug reports and I will do my best to handle them.

Happy Analyzing.

Cheers
Dharmit

Attachments:
Efficient_v0-0-2.png, Size: 59.54 KiB, Downloads: 348

#2 2013-10-14 13:39:30

datsnl

Re: Efficient v0.0.2 Wizard to generate .comm file updated

Efficient Version 0.0.3

Yes, Efficient has been updated to Version 0.0.3.

I have added FACE_IMPO and LIAISON_DDL for Boundary Conditions.

Download it at http://engineering.moonish.biz/blog/new … comm-file/

Cheers
Dharmit

#3 2013-10-14 15:36:23

gouater

Efficas QT4 v6.6 Vs Efficient Version 0.0.3 ?

Toutes les choses deviennent difficiles, dès lors qu'on s'y intéresse un petit moment
neutral + hmm = smile

#4 2013-10-15 19:06:53

keeswouters
Website

Hoi C-Aster users,

England and Wales vs France?

kind regards - kees
--
I a parallel univers the laws of mechanics may be different.

#5 2013-10-15 21:40:58

AsterO'dactyle
Administrator

Rugby or Code_Aster ?

Code_Asterの開発者

#6 2013-10-16 07:25:28

reiteres

datsnl wrote:

Efficient Version 0.0.3

Yes, Efficient has been updated to Version 0.0.3.

I have added FACE_IMPO and LIAISON_DDL for Boundary Conditions.

Download it at http://engineering.moonish.biz/blog/new … comm-file/

Cheers
Dharmit

Hi!

I am missing some sort of

1) License
2) Version Control

in your project.

What is the License you use (Open Source or closed with Copyright)?

#7 2013-10-16 07:49:52

datsnl

gouater wrote:

Efficas QT4 v6.6 Vs Efficient Version 0.0.3 ?

Hi gouater,

There is no competition between Efficas QT4 v6.6 Vs Efficient Version 0.0.3.  Efficas wins hands down as it is having huge features that I am not able to match.  I am a 1 person team working on Efficient.  Having said that, Efficient makes it really really easy to generate .comm files, that Efficas is not able to match. smile

As I had said before, I started making Efficient for my personal use, and put it online for everyone to use as I thought it might help everyone.  This was my way of giving back to the community.

keeswouters wrote:

Hoi C-Aster users,

England and Wales vs France?

I am not able to get that Joke as I live in Australia, but if you can explain it might make sense to me and I can laugh with you. smile

reiteres wrote:

Hi!

I am missing some sort of

1) License
2) Version Control

in your project.

What is the License you use (Open Source or closed with Copyright)?

Hi reiteres,

As I said earlier, I put it on my website for everyone to download and use for themselves or for commercial use or however they want to use it.

I am very naive in licenses so I don't know what license I should publish it to.  Is there a license where people can download the software for free, use it however they like and have fun with it.  They should credit my work if they find the software useful, but I take no responsibility for the results, use, misuse or anything else.  Use it at your own risk.

As for the version control, I don't have it set up at this stage, I just keep on adding a number to the Version every time I publish it on the website.

Was this software useful to anyone?  Are there some comments or improvements that you want to see in this software?

Cheers
Dharmit

#8 2013-10-16 08:15:04

reiteres

Hi datsnl!

I think your project is a good addition to have, to make modeling with code aster more user friendly. Efficas is a good piece of software, but it doesn't support modeling of specific problems well.
An alternative to writing a complete new software would to help developing new features for the Code_Aster Wizard in Salome, because Efficient has quite the same goal.

You should really License your Software to protect your rights as developer, or other people could steal your software without giving you any credits!
Although your project is very fresh, this won't happen soon, but you have to be carefull if

I think the License you look for is e.g. the MIT License (or any other BSD like License):
http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT

It has no limitations whatsoever, expect that everyone which uses your software has to add a copy of this license with your Copyright on it.

Another alternative would be the LGPL License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html
(there is also a version 3.0 of the LGPL, but most people prefer 2.1, because it is less restricive)
The Benefit of the LGPL is, that people can use the software freely, but if they change it, they have to give you the changes back!
You could of course use he GPL license too. It is of course more restrictive, but since you only develop a frontend, this should not be a problem.

No opensource License give any warranty, so you don't have to worry about it.

I would you really recommend to use a version control like git, mercurial (or if you really persist) SVN. At the beginning of your project this is not so important, but if your software starts growing, it is important to keep track of your changes. You can use github, bitbucket or other different free portals, where the version control is included , and other people can give you feedback there post bug reports etc. or even help to improve your software by sending patches.

#9 2013-10-18 01:26:23

datsnl

Hi reiteres,

Thanks for the information.  It is overwhelming for a License but you are correct, that if the software grows, I might need something.

As for helping Code_Aster Wizard in Salome, I dont know how to do programing in Python.  The only languages I know are vb.net, c# and java.  Infact I learned java so that I can use my softwares in Linux.

I will also look into version control soon.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers
Dharmit

#10 2013-10-22 03:07:13

datsnl

Efficient has been updated to Version 0.0.4.

This is more of a bug fix than a feature addition version.

Features of Version 0.0.4:

Removed LIAISON_DDL for Boundary Conditions
    Added LIAISON_UNIF for Boundary Conditions
    Removed a bug that placed the ending bracket in the wrong location for MECA_STATIQUE
    Removed a bug that placed a wrong Single Quote for Stepping function

It can be downloaded from http://engineering.moonish.biz/blog/new … comm-file/

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
Dharmit

#11 2013-11-21 00:32:33

saco
Website

So it is written in Java. Any suggestions where to install it after downloading? In Ubuntu?

I installed OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime in ubuntu 12.05 LTS

How to complie the files?

Starting through a button in Salome Meca?

Last edited by saco (2013-11-21 00:58:53)

#12 2013-11-22 13:47:27

datsnl

saco wrote:

So it is written in Java. Any suggestions where to install it after downloading? In Ubuntu?

I installed OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime in ubuntu 12.05 LTS

How to complie the files?

Starting through a button in Salome Meca?

You can save the file anywhere on your computer, it should run from anywhere, please let me know if it doesn't start for you.

Efficient_vx.x.x.jar is a precompiled file that can run on any machine that has Java run time installed on it.  You dont need to compile it again, just Java Runtime environment needs to be installed.

Just right on Efficient.jar and select "Open with OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime" and you should be able to use it.

Please note that latest version of Efficient is v0.0.5 and can be downloaded from http://engineering.moonish.biz/blog/new … comm-file/

Cheers
Dharmit

#13 2013-11-24 16:38:47

saco
Website

Works, thanks.

#14 2013-11-24 17:44:52

katoulos

Sorry to ask this but I really can understand how to run it: is there an executable? or a script?

I got only files ending in *.class

is there any linux command to start java?

Best Regards

mimis

#15 2013-11-25 01:25:43

datsnl

katoulos wrote:

Sorry to ask this but I really can understand how to run it: is there an executable? or a script?

Efficient.jar is an executable JAR file.

katoulos wrote:

I got only files ending in *.class

If you got files ending in *.class it means that you have extracted files out of jar files considering it as a zip file.

katoulos wrote:

is there any linux command to start java?

Best Regards

mimis

Steps that you should have followed are

Download the file from http://engineering.moonish.biz/blog/new … comm-file/

It should be Efficient_v0-0-5.jar.  Save it in any location you want.

If OpenJDK is already installed on your computer, Right Click on JAR file and in the pop up menu select "Open with OpenJDK Java 6 Runtime" as shown in the screenshot here http://www.code-aster.org/forum2/attach … ?item=6478

If OpenJDK is not installed, consult your OS forums on how to install it.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Is this software useful?  Can someone share their experience by email or on this forum?

Cheers
Dharmit

#16 2013-11-25 01:52:26

katoulos

Well, you guessed right: as I have never used java, I thought it as some obscure archive format and extracted the contents :-)

In openSUSE 12.3 it run fine with the simple command

java -jar Efficient_v0-0-5.jar

Thanks for the help, again

mimis

PS first impressions in a while!

#17 2013-11-26 12:57:28

datsnl

I am happy that it is working at your end.

Cheers
Dharmit