Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-17 09:14:44

GiuliaM_91

OFFSET BEAM as software Patran/Nastran

Hi everybody!

I attach here an immage, taken from FEM software Patran/Nastran to understand what I wanna do with SALOME.
My problem is to understand how to connect plate element with the lower part of the beam: this is what in Patran is called "offset".
Infact if I don't do this procedure  of "offset" in PATRAN, the beam will coincide with plate in the beam "SHEAR CENTER" .

So, how can I give this procedure of "offset" in Salome-meca?

Than you,

Best regard

Giulia

Attachments:
3- lastra_trave - Copia.PNG, Size: 19.8 KiB, Downloads: 178

#2 2017-10-18 12:39:56

Thomas DE SOZA
Guru

Re: OFFSET BEAM as software Patran/Nastran

Hi,

In order to reproduce the described behaviour, you should offset the plate with respect to the beam using AFFE_CARA_ELEM/COQUE/EXCENTREMENT.
The offset will be given with a signed value compared to the oriented normal of the plate. See [U4.42.01] for more information.
Obviously the plate and the beam must share common elements/nodes in order for this to work.

Another solution exists but it is cumbersome: just offset the neutral fiber of the beam and the neutral layer of the plate directly in the mesh. Then you would need to use linear relations between the degrees of freedom (to make sure the two of them are rigidly linked).

TdS

#3 2017-10-19 11:48:53

GiuliaM_91

Re: OFFSET BEAM as software Patran/Nastran

Thank you very much for answer!

I start from your advice to find all the information, and in case of necessity I will ask here for other info.

Best regards,

Giulia