Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-07 07:30:31

Anirudh

FEMAP to Aster by .unv

Hello
I'm currently using FEMAP to pre process the geometry. To import the mesh into Salome I tried to import through .unv format but I'm facing some issues after the import:
1> Only nodes are imported in case of a surface mesh, thus No surface meshes are visible(no QUAD or TRIA elements show up in Salome)
2> The groups of nodes or elements created in FEMAP are not imported
3> I cannot perform any operation on the imported mesh in salome (Cannot create groups in Salome)
4>In general , there are errors in the imported geometry
Does anyone has experience on how to better import .unv files from femap?

Thanks

Last edited by Anirudh (2017-12-07 07:41:14)

#2 2017-12-07 20:33:59

SergioP

Re: FEMAP to Aster by .unv

The .unv format has changed over time (I suffered, one translater stop to work due to this). Is organizated by datasets (for nodes, elements, groups, materials...), defined by a three or four digit number, and, they have changed at least in one moment this numbers. Maybe is that what happen between the .unv from FEMAP and what is waiting to read Salome.

You could try creating a simple model with few elements/groups in Salome and Femap, export as .unv and compare both with a text editor the diferences in this datasets numbers to find the posible change. You must first clear the UNV as can be a lot of extra information not used by Salome.

Regards

#3 2017-12-08 08:59:14

Voulet

Hi,

Did you try to open it with gmsh ?

#4 2017-12-09 07:18:28

Anirudh

GMSH is also having problems---only 3d volumes and nodes and some faces are imported(attached picture has mesh surfaces turned on)

Anirudh

Attachments:
gmsh.png, Size: 59.9 KiB, Downloads: 23

Board footer