Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-17 02:45:06

cramirez

error in a model

Hello, can someone give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong in the model I attached

Attachments:
new_case.mess, Size: 36.98 KiB, Downloads: 5

#2 2018-04-17 04:51:50

Anirudh

Re: error in a model

Hello,
I see two issues.
1>>>>> The material defined by you is incorrect unless you really have done it intentionally. You have defined Youngs Modulus (E =1) which is a very very small value(almost negligible). Typically E for steel is 2.1 X 10^11 Pa (In SI units). As such the reaction force generated is almost zero which results in a singular matrix. Also, you have defined the DKT thickness to be (EPAIS = 0.1). If you are using SI units, this is a big value(it means 10 cm thick). Check your units.

2>>>>> You have defined two kinds of elements(DKT and POU_D_T) but have not really defined a relation between them. As no mesh is there, I believe the DOFs fixed by you belong to only one kind of element(beam maybe). Now, the beam is constrained but the other finite element is just hanging in there free to move anywhere. Use LIAISON_SOLIDE or a similar command to join all elements together.

Regards
Anirudh

#3 Today 03:45:41

cramirez

Try changing the value of E = 2e10 but the same error keeps coming up, you can check my model and the attached command file, if you can also place the command to join the meshes of the beam and the wall since I do not understand that well, or What should I do to solve the error?

Attachments:
Mesh_1.med, Size: 12.53 KiB, Downloads: 2

#4 Today 03:46:45

cramirez

command file

Attachments:
command.comm, Size: 3.07 KiB, Downloads: 2

Board footer