Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-10 05:00:31

danielfeng

On OPXXXX, LEXXXX, TEXXXX

hi all
I am learner to code aster
there are many files under the directories of OP,LE,TE, such as op0000,op0001,... but there is no explanation or comments on the meaning of such code.
Can anybody show me the reference to such 4-digit codes XXXX?
Thank you

#2 2018-10-10 21:03:49

mecour

Re: On OPXXXX, LEXXXX, TEXXXX

Hello,

for the person outside the development team is very difficult to read the source code, especially the fortran code part. Some time the python code part help to understand. For example in every comportment code is variable num_lc, which indicate the name of fortran code.
Example: druck_prager.py->num_lc=16 -> lc0016.F90

Subroutines starting with OP indicate operators like LIRE_MAILLAGE.... usually some small information is in file. But there is no simple way (I don't know that) how to get information about files and routines in them.

#3 2018-10-12 05:17:20

AsterO'dactyle
Administrator

Hello,

Did you try to read that ?

https://code-aster.org/V2/spip.php?article860

Code_Asterの開発者

#4 2018-10-23 02:25:20

danielfeng

mecour wrote:

Hello,

for the person outside the development team is very difficult to read the source code, especially the fortran code part. Some time the python code part help to understand. For example in every comportment code is variable num_lc, which indicate the name of fortran code.
Example: druck_prager.py->num_lc=16 -> lc0016.F90

Subroutines starting with OP indicate operators like LIRE_MAILLAGE.... usually some small information is in file. But there is no simple way (I don't know that) how to get information about files and routines in them.

Thank you. Yes, there seems a bit hint from the python code.

#5 2018-10-23 02:29:56

danielfeng

AsterO'dactyle wrote:

Hello,

I had read it. It tells me op is a command, but there is no detailed comment on the specific meaning of each command. This project seems not well documented, maybe something useful is not released.
Thank you

#6 2018-10-29 09:18:54

AsterO'dactyle
Administrator

danielfeng wrote:
AsterO'dactyle wrote:

Hello,

I had read it. It tells me op is a command, but there is no detailed comment on the specific meaning of each command. This project seems not well documented, maybe something useful is not released.
Thank you

What ?

You have more than 25000 pages of documentation !

Code_Asterの開発者

#7 2018-11-03 12:20:02

Thomas DE SOZA
Guru

danielfeng wrote:
AsterO'dactyle wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

Hello,

The meaning of each command is described in the documentation (user part). The link between Fortran subroutines starting with op, te, lc is done through so-called catalogues. These are described in the training material for development pointed to by AsterO’Dactyle.
This training material is quite big and long to read but everything is there: new developers at EDF facilities are taught using this material.

Delving into the source code of code_aster is quite an endeavour and it requires some time. Obviously the project could be better documented but it is a never ending work, especially for an open-source project with limited resources.

TdS

#8 2018-11-05 16:18:33

Anirudh

We should be thankful to EDF RnD for creating such a wonderful software.
However, documentation could be improved, especially for contact mechanics.
Anirudh

Last edited by Anirudh (2018-11-11 10:40:14)

#9 2018-11-11 09:48:45

mecour

Hello,

There is really very good user documentation but can somebody from EDF can explain me how is possible to do sustainable development an maintance of such very large code as Code-Aster without code documentation as Doxygen or at least some code documentation not only the name of subroutine? The python part of code is quite readable but the fortran part with many undocumented procedures and variables is not.

mecour

Last edited by mecour (2018-11-11 09:49:27)

Board footer