Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-09 19:31:21

P929

Paraview with MED support in OSX

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Paraview in OSX to visualize the results from Code Aster (format MED), but I don't know if it is even possible to achieve it.

In the Salome forum there is a thread from some years ago where is mentioned that:
" I have compiled ParaView 3.14.1 from sources and included the latest version of these plugins from version 6.5.0 and it works very well. You can "bundle" these plugins in your ParaView distribution with cmake if you use option :

PARAVIEW_EXTERNAL_PLUGIN_DIRS=/xxx/src6.5.0/PARAVIS_SRC_6.5.0/src/Plugins/IntegrationPoints;/xxx/src6.5.0/PARAVIS_SRC_6.5.0/src/Plugins/MedReader

I did that under Mac OS X and it worked. However, I had to recompile med with gfortran instead of intel fortran because of some dynamic libs issues that I could not figure out ... Med was re-compiled with option --shared. "

There's also a link to an old entry (2011)where some steps to compile the plugin are described, but I don't know if they are still valid for the latest versions of Salome and Paraview.

Has anyone tried to incorporate the plugin into the standard version of Paraview? In case not, does it mean that I have to compile the whole Paraview from sources or only the plugin?

Thx in advance

N.B. I don't know why but I can't post links sad

Board footer