Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-10 18:39:27

Bria71

Meshing warnings during solving

Hi All

First time I post here.
I'm working on a plastic tank that will be buried in the ground.
This calculation will need to use non-linear solving (great displacement) with a specific materiel law behavior.
But currently I'm trying to go ahead step by step, it means I try to pass the calculation in linear behavior with simple loadings (vertical loading on top flange) and boundary conditions (nodes on top flange + edges on anchoring holes).
The design of the tank is quiet complicate (see Mesh4.med file). It is modelized with QUADS and TRIANG elements. There is also some very thin elements (bad ratio) due to the modeling process and the difficulty to rework the initial design (or at least because I don't control very well the geometry module in Salome to correct that problem)

The model use DKT elements. 1rst question : is it the right element ? Or should I use 3D_COQUE elements ? Keep in mind that in the final version It will be on non-linear solving.

The calculation can't go at this end due to various messages for which I need some help (see "message" file).
- During meshing verification step --> see alarm's messages belows

!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!
   ! <A> <MODELISA8_15>                                                                       !
   !                                                                                          !
   ! La maille M50221 possède des noeuds confondus géométriquement.                           !
   !     Rapport entre le plus petit côté et le plus grand = 0.000055, type de maille : QUAD4 !
   !                                                                                          !
   ! This is a warning. If you do not understand the meaning of this                          !
   !  warning, you can obtain unexpected results!                                             !
   !------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!

!----------------------------------------------------------------------------!
   ! <A> <MODELISA4_9>                                                          !
   !                                                                            !
   !  - > Phase of checking of the mesh: presence of degenerated meshes.        !
   !  The relationship between the smallest edge on largest is lower than 0,001 !
   !  - > Risks & advices:                                                      !
   !  Check your mesh. The presence of such meshes can lead to                  !
   !  problems of convergence and harm the quality of the results.              !
   ! This is a warning. If you do not understand the meaning of this            !
   !  warning, you can obtain unexpected results!                               !
   !----------------------------------------------------------------------------!

- During solving --> alarm messages + exception (as shown below) due to node 535. Despite the fact I've previously checked if there were no free nodes and free edges, why could this node be problematic ?

Degré de liberté physique associé au noeud N535 et à la composante DY.

!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!
   ! <EXCEPTION> <FACTOR_10>                                                                                                      !
   !                                                                                                                              !
   ! Problème : la matrice est singulière ou presque singulière :                                                                 !
   !   Lors de la factorisation de la matrice, on a rencontré un problème                                                         !
   !   (pivot nul ou presque nul) à la ligne 3206 qui correspond au degré de liberté donné ci-dessus.                             !
   !   Le nombre de décimales "perdues" pour cette ligne est : 8.                                                                 !
   !   Ce nombre de décimales perdues est lié au degré de singularité de la matrice.                                              !
   !   Plus il est grand, plus le système est singulier.                                                                          !
   !   Quand on a perdu plus de 8 décimales, on estime que l'on a perdu 50% de la précision                                       !
   !   des nombres réels (qui ont 15 décimales environ)............................................

Thank you for your help.

François

#2 2019-10-10 18:43:19

Bria71

Re: Meshing warnings during solving

Sorry, Med file to big to be loaded. So find below message file

Attachments:
message, Size: 51.23 KiB, Downloads: 2

#3 2019-10-14 21:07:50

AsterO'dactyle
Administrator

Re: Meshing warnings during solving

Hello,

Your mesh is very bad, the warnings are clear.
Distorted elements. Check aspect ratio in salome_meca mesh module

Code_Asterの開発者