Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-10-09 21:21:31

tianyikillua

Re: Code_Aster inside a Docker container available for everyone

ok, now the 14.4 version (sequential and parallel) is also available as a Docker image, see the github page.

quay.io/tianyikillua/code_aster

Some issues with petsc

Also case tests are to be re-run. If someone could report on github it would be useful.

The old 13.6 version is available as quay.io/tianyikillua/code_aster:v13

Last edited by tianyikillua (2019-10-10 17:16:57)

#52 2020-03-03 15:42:40

mvanwaveren

You mention:

14.4 version (sequential and parallel)

Is the parallel version an MPI or an OpenMP version?

#53 2020-03-07 11:36:59

tianyikillua

mpi + openmp

#54 2020-05-06 11:46:07

mf

Dear Tianyi,

first of all, thank you for this, this is really great stuff. I tried to compile the parallel version and did not succeed (I finally gave up, none of the online tutorials is 100% correct), so this is a way out for all users who are not software engineers to use the MPI version. Under Linux it seems to be VERY fast.

However, I have one question: can I use this docker on more than one node (nodes are connected via Infiniband)? Or are there modifications to the docker necessary? I cannot test this at the moment, thus my question. There is also something called 'docker swarm' could this be a possibility to run it on more than one node? As you have guessed, I am not a software engineer, so these might be dumb questions....

Thank you anyway,

Mario.

#55 2020-07-07 01:16:40

llionevans

mf wrote:

Dear Tianyi,

first of all, thank you for this, this is really great stuff. I tried to compile the parallel version and did not succeed (I finally gave up, none of the online tutorials is 100% correct), so this is a way out for all users who are not software engineers to use the MPI version. Under Linux it seems to be VERY fast.

However, I have one question: can I use this docker on more than one node (nodes are connected via Infiniband)? Or are there modifications to the docker necessary? I cannot test this at the moment, thus my question. There is also something called 'docker swarm' could this be a possibility to run it on more than one node? As you have guessed, I am not a software engineer, so these might be dumb questions....

Thank you anyway,

Mario.

One of the things we're looking at is using this with singularity instead of docker (but we're still having issues building the container). The reason for this is that singularity should be more appropriate for HPC vs docker.

Once we've been able to build the container we will test and report back on our results.