Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-23 12:11:15

aham

Enforcing displacement on multiple nodes of a mesh with a table

Hi all!

I am trying to model a morphing airfoil. My aim is to have a 2D mesh (with known node coordinates) on which I enforce a chosen displacement on each boundary node, yielding the stresses and strains associated with the displacement.

I have a mesh of which I know all of the boundary node coordinates and I have a python generated csv table which has the boundary node coordinates and the x and y displacement I want to impose at each respective node.

I would like to find out what the best way is to go about this. At the moment I have had some limited success with a python script creating individual groups for each node in the meshing module and then enforcing non-zero DOF's on each group in my .comm file. This means I have in excess of 100 groups all of only a single node. To be honest this seems like a tedious workaround to a problem which I assume has a more elegant solution, perhaps involving a function or table in aster-study. I am quite new to the software and am running my project through a python script. I have tried with no avail to find any advice online, I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!