Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-12 12:41:03

falencio

Error running an AsterStudy

Hi, I have a problem when I try to run my AsterStudy,

The message says that it cannot read output files. I don't understand why, because I follow exactly the instructions of some tutorials, meanly when I set up my output options. I attach the picture with the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
Captura.PNG, Size: 135.38 KiB, Downloads: 67

#2 2020-09-24 07:11:23

linctus

Re: Error running an AsterStudy

I have exactly the same problem here (Salome_Meca_2019.0.3-1, Ubuntu 18.04).
I think the "cannot read output file or empty file" window is supposed to show the contents of the message file when and only when the calculation is finished. But the calculation doesn't finish so it reads "cannot read output file..".
You can try to stop the calculation and if you are lucky it will goes well.
What I am confused is that why the calculation doesn't finish after a long period of time even in a very small case? For example I tried to run the test case forma02a in AsterStudy I encounter this 'never end' problem. But if I run the case by as_run from shell it completes in seconds. Seems Salome_Meca runs cases temporarily somewhere in /tmp directory and copy the results and log files to your real case directory when the calculation finished. I backuped the /tmp/somewhere directories and tried to track where is my problem but don't succeed yet.
My workaround is that to generate comm and export files by AsterStudy and run the case by as_run from shell.

Best regards,

#3 2020-09-25 00:36:49

sb1966

Hi,
In the Aster-Study module History tab, you have a button to control the auto refresh rate of the message file. You need to change it from "Auto refresh no" to some suitable value. See the attached image to clarify further.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sukumar

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2020-09-25 05-02-05.png, Size: 105.34 KiB, Downloads: 34

#4 2020-09-27 04:53:50

linctus

Hello Sukumar,

That works for me. Thank you so much for you tip, you really save my day!

Best regards,
linctus

#5 2020-10-16 04:12:20

windy_concrete

I have the same image that falencio presented and my behavior is also similar to other post. I am a new user and I wish to run forma40a of the test cases. I can get it to execute in the shell but in SalomeMeca it will not run (even after - I think - solving some file name issues that appear in the Case View tab).

I am running on Windows 10; I have the current Windows 10 build of SalomeMeca which includes AsterStudy available from Simulease website "Code_Aster for Windows". Hopefully my platform does not limit my ability to get help!?

Kirk

MS Structural Engineering and 15 years in shore-based wind turbine foundations. Code_Aster / Salome-Meca newbie.