Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-27 18:07:18

lcacciagioni_simscale

Parallel Installation Official Guide

Hi I'm trying to install code aster for parallel execution and there seems to be no official guide for it. I would like to know is this officially supported? And if it is is there any official documentation about how to make such installation possible?

PS: I'm looking for official docs and guides to proceed with such installation, please don't point me out to blogs posts and unofficial how to's from unknown source, I have been evaluating many of them which seem good but yet they are not an official reference or guide.

#2 2021-01-05 00:05:17

AsterO'dactyle
Administrator

Re: Parallel Installation Official Guide

Hello,

What do you mean by "officially"?
Installing a parallel version does not fundamentally differ from a sequential version, except that you have to find the right "compiler" + MPI management library on your system, which is often difficult.

Code_Asterの開発者

#3 2021-01-05 08:42:06

lcacciagioni_simscale

Re: Parallel Installation Official Guide

By official I mean, documented using an official guide provided by EDF or the developers as part of the normal installer, with the supported combination of this libraries that you mention or at least one specific method to find this combination that's supported. I know you can find the combination but that opens the door for a lot of security and maintenance issue.
The blog posts and docker images out there provide a great base but most of them use old libraries that have not being updated for several years exposing even more the systems to security abuses, it would be great if we can maintain an "oficial guide", an even better option could be that the installer provides an option to do a parallel installation in the same way it does a "normal/non-parallel" installation today.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Leandro.-