Welcome to the forums. Please post in English or French.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-06 14:51:29

massimobrivio
Member
Registered: 2020-09-15
Posts: 38

salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hello,

I'm installing Salome Meca 2021on Ubuntu 18.04 using WSL2. I installed Singularity successfully as described in the installing guidelines.
When trying to launch the application with:

./salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-1-20210811-scibian-9 --soft

I get the following error:

not exist: /etc/krb5.conf
not exist: ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}
*****************************************************
INFO : Running salome_meca in software rendering mode
*****************************************************
runSalome running on R01
ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 278, in _startSalome
    res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 357, in _runAppli
    runSalome.runSalome()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 925, in runSalome
    clt,args = main()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 851, in main
    searchFreePort(args, save_config, args.get('useport'))
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 116, in searchFreePort
    queue = Queue()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 102, in Queue
    return Queue(maxsize, ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 42, in __init__
    self._rlock = ctx.Lock()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 67, in Lock
    return Lock(ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 163, in __init__
    SemLock.__init__(self, SEMAPHORE, 1, 1, ctx=ctx)
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 60, in __init__
    unlink_now)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
singularity exit code: 1

Any idea on which could be the error?

Last edited by massimobrivio (2021-10-06 16:51:11)

Offline

#2 2021-10-07 17:50:55

ing.nicola
Member
Registered: 2017-12-11
Posts: 139

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

for me error is due to base OS,try ubuntu 20.04, there should be for WSL ....
for install singualrity i used this procedure ( on linux native xubuntu 20.04 )

sudo apt-get update && \
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential \
libseccomp-dev pkg-config squashfs-tools cryptsetup

sudo rm -r /usr/local/go

export VERSION=1.13.15 OS=linux ARCH=amd64  # change this as you need

wget -O /tmp/go${VERSION}.${OS}-${ARCH}.tar.gz https://dl.google.com/go/go${VERSION}.${OS}-${ARCH}.tar.gz && \
sudo tar -C /usr/local -xzf /tmp/go${VERSION}.${OS}-${ARCH}.tar.gz

echo 'export GOPATH=${HOME}/go' >> ~/.bashrc && \
echo 'export PATH=/usr/local/go/bin:${PATH}:${GOPATH}/bin' >> ~/.bashrc && \
source ~/.bashrc

curl -sfL https://install.goreleaser.com/github.com/golangci/golangci-lint.sh |
sh -s -- -b $(go env GOPATH)/bin v1.21.0

mkdir -p ${GOPATH}/src/github.com/sylabs && \
cd ${GOPATH}/src/github.com/sylabs && \
git clone https://github.com/sylabs/singularity.git && \
cd singularity

git checkout v3.6.3

cd ${GOPATH}/src/github.com/sylabs/singularity && \
./mconfig && \
cd ./builddir && \
make && \
sudo make install

singularity version

Last edited by ing.nicola (2021-10-07 17:53:42)

Offline

#3 2021-10-08 07:57:15

massimobrivio
Member
Registered: 2020-09-15
Posts: 38

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hello,

I tried your installation for singularity and then I tried to install on WSL2 running Ubuntu 20.04 and I got exactly the same error.

Offline

#4 2021-10-10 16:26:55

filjan
Member
From: Poland, Cracow
Registered: 2016-07-11
Posts: 85

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hi massimobrivio,

I have same problem in WSL2 on Ubuntu 20.04, on Win10

./salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-1-20210811-scibian-9 --soft
not exist: /etc/krb5.conf
not exist: ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}
*****************************************************
INFO : Running salome_meca in software rendering mode
*****************************************************
runSalome running on DESKTOP-3H9G6D5
ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 278, in _startSalome
    res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 357, in _runAppli
    runSalome.runSalome()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 925, in runSalome
    clt,args = main()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 851, in main
    searchFreePort(args, save_config, args.get('useport'))
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 116, in searchFreePort
    queue = Queue()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 102, in Queue
    return Queue(maxsize, ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 42, in __init__
    self._rlock = ctx.Lock()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 67, in Lock
    return Lock(ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 163, in __init__
    SemLock.__init__(self, SEMAPHORE, 1, 1, ctx=ctx)
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 60, in __init__
    unlink_now)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
singularity exit code: 1

If you solve the problem, don't miss to share solution please.
regards
Filjan

Offline

#5 2021-10-10 17:44:47

massimobrivio
Member
Registered: 2020-09-15
Posts: 38

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hi Filjan,

Unfortunately didn’t manage to get around it so far.
Of course I’ll let you know in case I manage.

Massimo

Offline

#6 2021-10-14 14:25:42

carv
Member
Registered: 2021-10-14
Posts: 1

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Same error!

filjan wrote:

Hi massimobrivio,

I have same problem in WSL2 on Ubuntu 20.04, on Win10

./salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-1-20210811-scibian-9 --soft
not exist: /etc/krb5.conf
not exist: ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}
*****************************************************
INFO : Running salome_meca in software rendering mode
*****************************************************
runSalome running on DESKTOP-3H9G6D5
ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 278, in _startSalome
    res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 357, in _runAppli
    runSalome.runSalome()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 925, in runSalome
    clt,args = main()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 851, in main
    searchFreePort(args, save_config, args.get('useport'))
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 116, in searchFreePort
    queue = Queue()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 102, in Queue
    return Queue(maxsize, ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 42, in __init__
    self._rlock = ctx.Lock()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 67, in Lock
    return Lock(ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 163, in __init__
    SemLock.__init__(self, SEMAPHORE, 1, 1, ctx=ctx)
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 60, in __init__
    unlink_now)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
singularity exit code: 1

If you solve the problem, don't miss to share solution please.
regards
Filjan

Offline

#7 2021-10-20 11:39:58

urs helfenstein
Member
From: Switzerland
Registered: 2015-02-27
Posts: 31

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

I guess I ran into the same issue. The only difference I see at the end: "OSError: Error 30] Read-only file system"

Was there any possibility to let it run?



/home# ./salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-0-20210601-scibian-9
not exist: /etc/krb5.conf
not exist: ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}
INFO:    Could not find any nv files on this host!
*****************************************************
INFO : Running salome_meca in software rendering mode
*****************************************************
runSalome running on CHNL089
ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 278, in _startSalome
    res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 357, in _runAppli
    runSalome.runSalome()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 925, in runSalome
    clt,args = main()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 851, in main
    searchFreePort(args, save_config, args.get('useport'))
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 116, in searchFreePort
    queue = Queue()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 102, in Queue
    return Queue(maxsize, ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 42, in __init__
    self._rlock = ctx.Lock()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 67, in Lock
    return Lock(ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 163, in __init__
    SemLock.__init__(self, SEMAPHORE, 1, 1, ctx=ctx)
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 60, in __init__
    unlink_now)
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system
singularity exit code: 1

Offline

#8 2021-10-20 12:09:36

rmoio
Member
Registered: 2019-07-28
Posts: 6

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hello,
I get the same identical error on WSL2 with both Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 and with Debian too.

Last edited by rmoio (2021-10-20 12:42:30)

Offline

#9 2021-10-22 15:27:05

massimobrivio
Member
Registered: 2020-09-15
Posts: 38

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

urs helfenstein wrote:

I guess I ran into the same issue. The only difference I see at the end: "OSError: Error 30] Read-only file system"

Was there any possibility to let it run?



/home# ./salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-0-20210601-scibian-9
not exist: /etc/krb5.conf
not exist: ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}
INFO:    Could not find any nv files on this host!
*****************************************************
INFO : Running salome_meca in software rendering mode
*****************************************************
runSalome running on CHNL089
ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 278, in _startSalome
    res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 357, in _runAppli
    runSalome.runSalome()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 925, in runSalome
    clt,args = main()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 851, in main
    searchFreePort(args, save_config, args.get('useport'))
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 116, in searchFreePort
    queue = Queue()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 102, in Queue
    return Queue(maxsize, ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 42, in __init__
    self._rlock = ctx.Lock()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 67, in Lock
    return Lock(ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 163, in __init__
    SemLock.__init__(self, SEMAPHORE, 1, 1, ctx=ctx)
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 60, in __init__
    unlink_now)
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system
singularity exit code: 1

Hello Urs, you will have the same error as me if you would run with --soft option.
Still didn't manage to get the answer, unfortunately

Massimo

Offline

#10 2021-10-25 09:13:00

urs helfenstein
Member
From: Switzerland
Registered: 2015-02-27
Posts: 31

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hello Massimo

Correct, if I start with the --soft option I get aswell the same exit error as you

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
singularity exit code: 1
massimobrivio wrote:
urs helfenstein wrote:

I guess I ran into the same issue. The only difference I see at the end: "OSError: Error 30] Read-only file system"

Was there any possibility to let it run?



/home# ./salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-0-20210601-scibian-9
not exist: /etc/krb5.conf
not exist: ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}
INFO:    Could not find any nv files on this host!
*****************************************************
INFO : Running salome_meca in software rendering mode
*****************************************************
runSalome running on CHNL089
ERROR:salomeContext:Unexpected error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 278, in _startSalome
    res = getattr(self, command)(options) # run appropriate method
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/salomeContext.py", line 357, in _runAppli
    runSalome.runSalome()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 925, in runSalome
    clt,args = main()
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 851, in main
    searchFreePort(args, save_config, args.get('useport'))
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 116, in searchFreePort
    queue = Queue()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 102, in Queue
    return Queue(maxsize, ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 42, in __init__
    self._rlock = ctx.Lock()
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/context.py", line 67, in Lock
    return Lock(ctx=self.get_context())
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 163, in __init__
    SemLock.__init__(self, SEMAPHORE, 1, 1, ctx=ctx)
  File "/opt/python/3.6.5/lib/python3.6/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 60, in __init__
    unlink_now)
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system
singularity exit code: 1

Hello Urs, you will have the same error as me if you would run with --soft option.
Still didn't manage to get the answer, unfortunately

Massimo

Offline

#11 2021-11-05 10:43:35

MiSch
Member
Registered: 2016-09-05
Posts: 2

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Dear All I am running in totaly different trouble when I use :
/singularity run --app install salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-0-20210601-scibian-9.sif

I got following error:
FATAL:   container creation failed: mount /proc/self/fd/3->/usr/local/var/singularity/mnt/session/rootfs error: while mounting image /proc/self/fd/3: kernel reported a bad superblock for squashfs image partition, possible causes are that your kernel doesn't support the compression algorithm or the image is corrupted

I am using Ubuntu 20.04 in a VMbox

Can someone help mie with this issue?

Thanks

Best wishes

Michael

Offline

#12 2021-11-05 10:51:37

mf
Member
Registered: 2019-06-18
Posts: 270

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hello,

you could try a newer version of singularity. A similar error has been reported with Ubuntu 18.04:

https:__//github.com/hpcng/singularity/issues/5466 (remove the __ no links allowed),

Mario.

Offline

#13 2021-11-07 17:12:03

EnKiNekiDela
Member
From: Slovenija
Registered: 2021-11-07
Posts: 3

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Any news on this issue?

I tried with singularity SingularityCE 3.9.0 RC1 and Singularity 3.7.4 on wsl2 18.04. Same error as described already. Seems to stall on GUI as other continers work normally.

Thanks and regards.




mf wrote:

Hello,

you could try a newer version of singularity. A similar error has been reported with Ubuntu 18.04:

https:__//github.com/hpcng/singularity/issues/5466 (remove the __ no links allowed),

Mario.

Last edited by EnKiNekiDela (2021-11-07 17:14:58)

Offline

#14 2021-11-09 09:25:57

stefano89
Member
Registered: 2018-04-16
Posts: 21

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

I follow this post, because I also have the same error.

All the best
Stefano

Offline

#15 2021-11-09 21:06:18

hberro
Member
From: Palaiseau, France
Registered: 2011-07-05
Posts: 65

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

At one point during our tests on WSL2, we found it necessary to do the following

sudo rm -r /dev/shm
sudo mkdir /dev/shm
sudo chmod 777 /dev/shm

Hope it helps, let us know please.

HB

Offline

#16 2021-11-10 09:25:57

rmoio
Member
Registered: 2019-07-28
Posts: 6

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

hberro wrote:

At one point during our tests on WSL2, we found it necessary to do the following

sudo rm -r /dev/shm
sudo mkdir /dev/shm
sudo chmod 777 /dev/shm

Hope it helps, let us know please.

HB

After running these commands salome-meca now works correctly. Thank you very much.

Last edited by rmoio (2021-11-10 09:45:02)

Offline

#17 2021-11-10 19:21:52

EnKiNekiDela
Member
From: Slovenija
Registered: 2021-11-07
Posts: 3

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

tested with proposal and now I got following errors...

lga@DESKTOP-R5TDPJ2:~/salome_meca$ ./salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-1-20210811-scibian-9
not exist: /etc/krb5.conf
not exist: ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}
INFO:    Could not find any nv files on this host!
*****************************************************
INFO : Running salome_meca in software rendering mode
*****************************************************
runSalome running on DESKTOP-R5TDPJ2
Searching for a free port for naming service: 2812 - OK
Searching Naming Service  + found in 0.1 seconds
Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service  +++++Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 181, in waitNSPID
    os.kill(thePID,0)
ProcessLookupError: [Errno 3] No such process

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 694, in useSalome
    clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 639, in startSalome
    session=clt.waitNSPID("/Kernel/Session",mySessionServ.PID,SALOME.Session)
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 183, in waitNSPID
    raise RuntimeError("Process %d for %s not found" % (thePID,theName))
RuntimeError: Process 4486 for /Kernel/Session not found


--- Error during Salome launch ---

...would apprecite any further suggestions, thanks in advance.

Edit: tried with python 2.7 and 3.6. Added "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Qt-5.15.3/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH".


Regards

hberro wrote:

At one point during our tests on WSL2, we found it necessary to do the following

sudo rm -r /dev/shm
sudo mkdir /dev/shm
sudo chmod 777 /dev/shm

Hope it helps, let us know please.

HB

Last edited by EnKiNekiDela (2021-11-10 19:55:44)

Offline

#18 2021-11-13 18:56:43

hberro
Member
From: Palaiseau, France
Registered: 2011-07-05
Posts: 65

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

To be honest the output error is too generic to give you advice, did you follow the steps specific for WSL2 ?

Offline

#19 2021-11-14 07:41:58

johan
Member
Registered: 2014-09-16
Posts: 13

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Contrary to some of the posts above, and following the instructions to the letter, I installed SM2021 on Ubuntu 20.04 without any hiccups. My compliments to the developers. This was a pleasure. Keep up the good work.

Loading an existing simulation into 2021, I encountered 2 problems.

1. I can only access the installation disk. /mnt and /media are both empty. This is not insurmountable but inconvenient.

2. In the simple viewer in Code-Aster I can pan and zoom, but I can not rotate the image. For me this is serious because this is my preferred viewer.

Any help with the above will be appreciated

Offline

#20 2021-11-14 10:49:06

EnKiNekiDela
Member
From: Slovenija
Registered: 2021-11-07
Posts: 3

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Thank you so much for your guidance it helped a lot.

I am not sure why, but it did help creating launcher on desktop (I use xfce) pointing to salome_meca executable file, as running it from terminal results in my above mentioned general error.

For all finding typing sudo commands before start tedious this might help:

1. creating excutable e.g. salome.sh with:

#!/bin/sh -e
set -e
rm -r /dev/shm
mkdir /dev/shm
chmod -R a+rwx /dev/shm
exit 0

2. setting up crontab: https:_____//phoenixnap.com/kb/crontab-reboot" , putting in crontab file e.g.:
@reboot sleep 10 && /here_put_your_path_to_executable/salome.sh

3. making crontab service start on wsl2 startup, since it is stopped by default at each startup: https:____//askubuntu.com/questions/1165969/ubuntu-18-04-on-wsl-cron-daemon-not-running-after-reboot

There might be other ways to approach this, running salome.sh as service, but in my case those didn't work.

Regards

hberro wrote:

To be honest the output error is too generic to give you advice, did you follow the steps specific for WSL2 ?

Offline

#21 2021-11-15 16:10:30

k_zurawski
Member
From: Gdansk (Poland)
Registered: 2010-03-13
Posts: 171

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hi. I was able to reproduce the same error:

krzysztof@Stacja:~$ ./salome_meca-lgpl-2021.0.0-0-20210601-scibian-9
not exist: /etc/krb5.conf
not exist: ${XDG_RUNTIME_DIR}
INFO:    Could not find any nv files on this host!
*****************************************************
INFO : Running salome_meca in software rendering mode
*****************************************************
runSalome running on Stacja
Searching for a free port for naming service: 2811 - OK
Searching Naming Service  + found in 0.1 seconds
Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service  ++++++++++Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 181, in waitNSPID
    os.kill(thePID,0)
ProcessLookupError: [Errno 3] No such process

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 694, in useSalome
    clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)
  File "/opt/salome_meca/appli_V2021/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 639, in startSalome
    session=clt.waitNSPID("/Kernel/Session",mySessionServ.PID,SALOME.Session)
  File "/opt/salome_meca/Salome-V2021-s9/modules/KERNEL_V9_7_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 183, in waitNSPID
    raise RuntimeError("Process %d for %s not found" % (thePID,theName))
RuntimeError: Process 4802 for /Kernel/Session not found


--- Error during Salome launch ---

Well, since I'm no IT specialist I'd be glad if someone could help me and others running this great piece of software.


regards,
Krzysztof

Offline

#22 2021-11-15 18:05:31

k_zurawski
Member
From: Gdansk (Poland)
Registered: 2010-03-13
Posts: 171

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

OK. I tried to install Salome-Meca2021:
- on separate drive with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with no success
- on Windows 10 Pro with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with WSL2 - no success
- on Virtual Box machine with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS - no success
- on Hyper-V with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS also with no success (also graphics work slowly on that last one)

I also tried to install Salome-Meca2018 & 2019 on separate drive with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS - still no success

Then I tried to install Windows port of Salome Meca 2019 where I shuld install Microsoft C++ redist version 2014 which you can't find on the Internet (2013 and 2015 are easy to find)...

As you can see I really want to run it. The most desirable solution would be running under Windows via WSL2, but that seems to be out of my reach. HELP, HILFE, Au secours!

Last edited by k_zurawski (2021-11-15 18:10:38)


regards,
Krzysztof

Offline

#23 2021-11-16 20:31:21

filjan
Member
From: Poland, Cracow
Registered: 2016-07-11
Posts: 85

Re: salome meca 2021 installation problems

Hi!

for me help EnKiNekiDela hint about bulding executable in the desktop and running through xfce4 window (Thanks!). Trying to run salome_meca through wsl terminal indirectly ends with failure though. Working through xfce has unfortunately some inconvienient lags : /

@ k_zurawski - I assume you are Polish too - don't hesitate to write me message in any question, I'll be glad to help.

Best regards,
Filjan

Edit:
PS: I forgot to mention that this time I've used Ubuntu 18.04.

Last edited by filjan (2021-11-16 20:32:14)

Offline